Problems Receiving Calls
This is a quick guide to help you troubleshoot problems when not receiving calls.
- Please check and make sure the ringer on the phone is turned on.
- Make sure that the phone is plugged into a working wall-jack.
- If you only have one phone or a base station, try plugging the phone into another wall-jack.
- Please verify that the people trying to call you are dialing the correct phone number, or try calling your number from a cell phone if possible.
- Make sure all the phone are hung up.
- If you have dial-up Internet, please check to make sure that it is disconnected or disconnect the computer from the wall-jack.
- If you have a fax machine, check to see if it is currently in use. If the fax is not in use try disconnecting the fax machine and calling again.
- If you have any other devices that are plugged into a line, please try disconnecting those devices as well. An example would be satellite boxes, answering machines, and Lifeline boxes.