First Time Voicemail Setup
This is a guide to help you setup your personalized voicemail system for the first time.
- When you sign-in for the first time, you must setup your mailbox. This can only be done from the phone that is registered with your voicemail system. First-time sign-in involves three steps:
- Changing your password.
- Recording your greeting.
- Recording your recorded name.
- You may skip first-time sign-in once by pressing **, but after skipping it once, you must complete all three steps before you can enter your mailbox and listen to any messages. The greeting and recorded name are played each time a caller accesses your mailbox to leave a message.
- You may also end the setup process at any point by ending the call. If you do so, you are asked to complete the remaining setup steps the next time you enter your mailbox.
Step 1: Changing Your Password
- First dial *15 from your home telephone.
- You will then be prompted to enter a new password, and then you are asked to confirm it by re-entering it.
- You can press the * key to cancel your password setup at any point. If you do so, you will return to the beginning of the password setup process
- Once you have successfully changed your password, you are prompted to record your name.
- You must take less than ten seconds to record your name. If your recording is longer than ten seconds, you are prompted to re-record your name.
- Once you have recorded your name, it is played back to you and you are provided with options to keep or change it.
- To change your recorded name, press 1.
- To keep your recorded name, press #.
- After you have completed recording your name, you are prompted to record your greeting.
- When setting up a greeting you will have four different options to setup.
- Create a customized gretting, press 1.
- Must be longer than two seconds but shorter than thirty seconds.
- Use a system generated greeting with your name, press 2.
- Use a greeting with just your phone number, press 3.
- To have a greeting without your name or number, press 4.
- Once you have selected your greeting, it is played back to you and you are provided with options to keep or change it.
- To change your greeting, press 1.
- To keep your greeting, press #.
- Once you have completed recording your name, you are redirected to the Main Menu.