Linksys Router - Setting Up for PPPoE
This guide will give a step by step tutorial on setting up a Linksys router for PPPoE. PPPoE is the network protocol that we use for encapsulation on most of our residential and small business customers.
- Once you are connected to the router we will try to access the management interface via any web browser to configure for PPPoE. For our tutorial we will be using Internet Explorer. Now we will want to open up Internet Explorer. To do this click on Start, then All Programs, and then Internet Explorer.
- Once you have opened your Internet Explorer, you will need to clear out the Address Bar across the top. Here you will need to type in http://192.168.1.1 into the Address Bar, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will then be prompted for a Username and Password, here leave the Username blank and type in admin for the Password, then press Enter on the keyboard or click on OK.
- Now we will be in the Linksys management interface page, here you will want to find the Internet Connection Type drop down menu and select PPPoE, then you will want to put in your username and password. The username is going to look like username@nextech. Once you have typed in your username and password, go down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Settings.
- Once you have saved your settings, you can click on the Status tab across the top right of the page. Here you should see that you are connected and have an Internet IP Address listed.
- If you are connected, then you should be all finished and ready to surf the Internet.