Windows Error Codes
Common Windows Error Codes
Error 680: No Dial Tone
- This error is generally caused by a faulty modem, faulty modem cable, faulty phone line, corrupt Dial Up Network.
- First step is to reboot your computer. Then try connecting again.
- Still cant connect? Make sure you are using the correct and/or original cable. Some modems used specific wiring which is not compatible with standard modem cables.
- Check that you phone line is working with a normal phone.
Make sure the phone line you are trying to dial on is not a non-standard line, this can cause problems also.
- If you are still having issues, please feel free to call the Helpdesk at 888.565.3200
Error 691: Invalid Username / Password
- First.... Take out your username and password and retype the information back in.
- If you type your password in everytime you log on, ensure that the CAPS LOCK is turned off. Our authentication system only allows lowercase letters to be used.
- If you haven't restarted the computer recently, click on Start, Shutdown, choose Restart and press OK.
- After restarting, attempt to connect. If no luck still, run through the initial Internet setup on your system (just like when you first signed up with us.) Sometimes networking files can become corrupt and reconfiguring your system can clear up the problems
- Ok, you've run through everything so far and STILL not connecting! You can give us a call at (888)565-3200 Monday through Friday from 7am-11pm and Saturday from 9am-6pm. We keep close tabs on problems that may arise concerning our servers.
Error 731-734/769: Hardware Error (Windows XP)
Error 815: Hardware Error (Windows Vista)
- Check to make sure the LAN card is enabled on your computer. To do this in Windows XP, click Start--> Control Panel--> Network Connections --> Then right click on your Local Area Connection and choose "Enable"
- Then try connection again.
- If that does not fix your issue, the drivers for your network card might have become corrupt. At this point you would want to locate the Drivers CD that came with your computer and re-install the necessary network drivers.
- If you are still getting the same error or do not want to try to install the necessary drivers yourself, give our Brainy Bunch a call at 888-565-2724, for a minimal fee a representative can walk you through the process over the phone.