How to Set Up Firefox Sync
What is Firefox Sync? Firefox Sync is a service that Firefox offers for free to allow you backup your browser data. Since Firefox lets you choose what you want to sync. You can pick from syncing between add-ons, bookmarks, passwords, preferences, history and tabs. You can use the service to sync multiple devices like your computers, smartphones, tablets, or if you just have one device, you can use the service just to back up your data. Once setup, Firefox will sync your data automatically to your devices.
This service allows you to never worry about having to lose your web data. It can also be a time saver when you’re on the go. Especially if you’re at the store and just can’t remember that website you were at on the computer at home. That’s no problem if you have smartphone that is synced with your home computer, because now you can just go and look at your browser history to find that website. This is also a no brainer for those that find themselves on the go and need to have their web data. Below we will show you how to setup Firefox Sync on a computer and a mobile device.
Setting up Firefox Sync on a Computer
- First you will need to have Firefox installed on your computer. If you do not have Firefox, you can download it here.
- Now you will need to run Firefox. Once opened you will want to click on the Firefox button at the top left of the screen and then click on Set Up Sync in the menu.
- If this is your first time setting up Firefox Sync, you will need to click on Create a New Account. If you already have an account, please click on I Have an Account.
- For the account creation, you will need to fill out your Account Details. Once you have finished filling out your Account Details, please click Next. You can also click on the Sync Options to select what data you want Firefox to sync and you can change the device name.
- You will now see Firefox start the sync process, which means you have successfully completed the setup. You can close this tab and continue on to your other device at this time.
Setting up Firefox Sync on a Android Device
- First you will need to have Firefox installed on your device. If you do not have Firefox, you can download it here.
- You will then want to open Firefox up from your Apps menu. Once opened, you will want to click on the Set up Firefox Sync button on the screen. If you do not see this button, you can also access this from the Firefox Settings and then selecting Sync from the settings menu.
- Now the Pair a Device code should present itself on the screen. You will then need to add this code to one of the computers already configured.
- Here we are back at the computer we originally configured with Firefox Sync. You will need to click on the Firefox button at the top left, then click Options in the menu, and then select Options in the options menu.
- In the Options window, please select Sync and then click on Pair a Device.
- Here you will need to enter the code from your device and then click on Next.
- Your devices will then start to sync to each other and your are finished with the setup. Please repeat these steps for any additional devices you would like to add.