Outlook Express and Outlook 2000 - E-mail Setup
1. With Outlook Express or Outlook 2000, open click Tools at the top of the page and then scroll down and click Accounts. After the Internet Accounts window opens you should see a screen that looks similar to the one below.
2. Click the Mail tab at the top. This will show you any current mail accounts set up in Outlook Express or Outlook 2000. Click the Add button to the top right of the screen.
3. Choose the Mail option.
4. In the Display Name field, type in the name that you would like to appear when sending someone a message. After typing in the desired display name click Next.
5. This will bring up the e-mail address screen. Type in your entire e-mail address in the box and then click Next at the bottom of the screen.
6. The following screen is the server screen. This is where the e-mail servers that are used are typed in just like the screen seen below and then click Next.
Incoming mail server is a POP3 server
Incoming mail server: pop3.ruraltel.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.ruraltel.net
7. Then we will see the account name and password screen. The account name needs to be the entire e-mail address and the password will be the password that was chosen at the time of e-mail account creation. Click Next after typing the account name and password in.
8. Next, we will see the congratulations screen. Click Finish
9. This will bring us back to the accounts screen. Click on Properties on the right hand side of the screen.
10. We will see the account properties screen pop-up. Click on the Servers tab at the top.
11. On bottom of the servers screen enable My server requires authentication by clicking in the box next to the setting which will put a check mark in the box. After doing this click on Apply and OK at the bottom of the screen.
12. This will bring us back to the accounts screen. Click the Close button located on the bottom right corner. The account setup is complete.