D-Link Router - Setting Up for PPPoE
This guide will give a step by step tutorial on setting up a D-Link router for PPPoE. PPPoE is the network protocol that we use for encapsulation on most of our residential and small business customers.
- Once you are connected to the router we will try to access the
management interface via any web browser to configure for PPPoE. For our
tutorial we will be using Internet Explorer. Now we will want to open
up Internet Explorer. To do this click on Start, then All Programs, and then Internet Explorer.
- Once you have opened your Internet Explorer, you will need to clear out the Address Bar across the top. Here you will need to type in http://192.168.0.1 into the Address Bar, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will then be prompted for a Username and Password. Here enter admin for the Username and leave the Password (blank), then press Enter on the keyboard or click on OK.
- Now we will be in the D-Link management interface page. Here you
will want to click on the Manual Configure button towards the bottom of the screen.
- Next we will change the drop down box next to My Internet Connection is to PPPoE (Username / Password). Now a username and password field will appear below that. Here we will enter your nextech internet username and password. Your username should look like username@nextech. Once you have your username, password, and retype password filled out, press Save Settings towards the top of the page.
- Once you press Save Settings, you should be all finished and ready to surf the Internet.