Netgear Router - Setting Up for PPPoE
This guide will give a step by step tutorial on setting up a Netgear router for PPPoE. PPPoE is the network protocol that we use for encapsulation on most of our residential and small business customers.
- Once you are connected to the router we will try to access the management interface via any web browser to configure for PPPoE. For our tutorial we will be using Internet Explorer. Now we will want to open up Internet Explorer. To do this click on Start, then All Programs, and then Internet Explorer.
- Once you have opened your Internet Explorer, you will need to clear out the Address Bar across the top. Here you will need to type in http://192.168.0.1 into the Address Bar, and then press Enter on your keyboard. (Some newer Netgear routers may actually use http://192.168.1.1 for the address)
- You will then be prompted for a Username and Password, here enter admin for the Username and type in password for the Password, then press Enter on the keyboard or click on OK.
- Now we will be in the Netgear management interface page. Here you will want to click on Basic Settings on the left side of the screen under Internet Setup. Then put a dot next to Yes under Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login
- After you choose Yes, a couple boxes should appear below it asking for a Login and Password. Here is where you will enter your nextech internet username and password. The Login is going to look like username@nextech. Once you have typed in your username and password, press Apply at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you press Apply, you should be all finished and ready to surf the Internet.