Belkin Router - Setting Up for PPPoE
This guide will give a step by step tutorial on setting up a Belkin router for PPPoE. PPPoE is the network protocol that we use for encapsulation on most of our residential and small business customers.
- Once you are connected to the router we will try to access the
management interface via any web browser to configure for PPPoE. For our
tutorial we will be using Internet Explorer. Now we will want to open
up Internet Explorer. To do this click on Start, then All Programs, and then Internet Explorer.
- Once you have opened your Internet Explorer, you will need to clear out the Address Bar across the top. Here you will need to type in http://192.168.2.1 into the Address Bar, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Now we will be in the Belkin management interface page, here you
will want to click on Connection Type on the left side of the screen under Internet WAN.
- You should be taken to a Login screen. By default the password is blank, so go ahead and press Submit. The next screen will show the WAN Connection Type. Put a dot next to PPPOE and then hit the Next button.
- Now we should be at the WAN > Connection Type > PPPoE screen. In the User Name > field, enter your nextech internet username and enter your password in the Password > and Retype Password > fields. The username should look like username@nextech. Once you have entered your username, password and retype password, press Apply Changes at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you press Apply Changes, you should be all finished and ready to surf the Internet.